lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Mohammad Norouzi" <>
Subject a query for a special AND?
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2007 09:40:48 GMT
I have a problem in getting correct result from Lucene, consider we have an
index containing documents with fields "field1" and "field2" etc. now I want
to have documents in which their field1 are equal one by one and their
field2 with two different value

to clarify consider I have this query:
field1:val*  (field2:"myValue1" XOR field2:"myValue2")

now I want this result:
field1              field2
val1                myValue1
val1                myValue2
val2                myValue1
val2                myValue2

this result is not acceptable:
val3              myValue1
val4             myValue1
val4             myValue3

I put XOR as operator because this is not a typical OR, it's different, it
means documents that contains both myValue1 and myValue2 for the field

how to build a query to get such result?

thanks in advance
see my blog:
another in Persian:
Sun Certified Java Programmer