lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Mohammad Norouzi" <>
Subject Re: regarding FieldSelector
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2007 07:48:12 GMT
actually, I show the result with pagination support, and they have option to
choose the number of records per page. and yes, I should provide a test
program, but about the HitCollector, I already created one, and collect all
lucene's document id and also my needed ID that stored in the index

>> you can write a HitCollector to get the list "lazily".

do you mean by writing a HitCollector, all the list will load lazily and no
need to use FieldSelector?

On 9/13/07, Erick Erickson <> wrote:
> I'm not entirely sure. So what I'd do if I were you is write a
> little test program and step through it in the debugger and
> see <G>....
> But, if you're only allowing the user to fetch a single document
> at a time, I don't think it matters enough to worry about. If, on the
> other hand, you're allowing the user to display some combination
> of, say, 5 fields for a *list* of documents, I'd make them all lazy
> and then you can write a HitCollector to get the list "lazily".
> Best
> Erick
see my blog:
another in Persian: