lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wettin <karl.wet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OutOfMemoryError tokenizing a boring text file
Date Sat, 01 Sep 2007 20:00:25 GMT
I belive the problem is that the text value is not the only data
associated with a token, there is for instance the position offset.
Depending on your JVM, each instance reference consume 64 bits or so,
so even if the text value is flyweighted by String.intern() there is
a cost. I doubt that a document is flushed to the segment prior to a
fields token stream has been exhaused.

--
karl