lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Samir Abdou" <>
Subject Re: Is there a Term ID for each distinctive term indexed in Lucene?
Date Sat, 01 Sep 2007 10:13:33 GMT

You should extend the SegmentReader (or IndexReader) class to implement the
following method:

*public* *long* termID(Term t) *throws* IOException {  *return*

which will give you a mean to get the ID of a given term.  This ID is simply
the position of that term within ".ti?" file !

Hope this will help