lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From othman <othmanelmou...@gmail.com>
Subject store index on web server directory
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2007 21:51:23 GMT

Hi all,
I'm developing a search tool for a  web site using lucene.
One issue i need you to clarify is where we should store the generated
lucene indexes ?
 lucene provides a file system storage method FSDirectory.so we need to
specify a path like (/usr/lucene on linux) or (c:/lucene on windows).
I’m wondering how we can store the indexes in remote server directory ?
should we specify a url path for index directory ? are URLs valid paths to
create File objects directories ? .

what you think about best way to store indexes to be searched later from a
web page on a given server ?

thanks.