lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Amadeous <someone_els...@yahoo.com>
Subject Sort on ParallelMultiSearcher with remote searchables
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2007 10:48:52 GMT

I want to sort results of a query according to a specific field(date).I have
a parallelMultiSearcher with some underlying remote searchers. Indexes in
remote searchables are large and enabling sort will make searching slow. As
I understood from previous threads, a solution is: searching without sorting
and then manually sorting top N documents(For example top 1000 most relevant
documents). I used parallelMultiSearcher.search(query, filter) which returns
a Hits object and then I manually sorted top 1000 documents of this Hits
object, but it is slow and memory consuming.
Is there any better solution for this problem?
Best Regards