lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jeff French <>
Subject Question about Qsol parser and phrase searches
Date Sun, 09 Sep 2007 19:23:56 GMT

I have a document that contains the phrase "recent stent placement". Here is
the result of some queries using the Qsol parser:

  "recent stent placement"  => YES
  "recent placement" => YES
  "recent placement":0  => NO
  "recent placement":1  => YES

where YES/NO indicates whether the document was returned. The "recent
placement" query result surprised me, as I had expected it not to return the
document. From the other queries, it looks like phrase searches have a
default slop of one. Is that correct? If so, is there a way to default to no
slop, preferrably without changing all of our queries?

Thanks for any pointers.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message