lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From makkhar <>
Subject Search performance question
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2007 11:41:16 GMT

   I have an index which contains more than 20K documents. Each document has
the following structure :

field : ID (Index and store)                          typical value - "1000"
field : parameterName(index and store)          typical value -
field : parameterValue(index and not store)    typical value - "draft"

When I search for a term which results in "all" the documents getting
returned, the search time is more than 1 sec. I have still not done
hits.doc(), which I understand, would be even worse.

My problem is, I am expecting the search itself to happen in the order of a
few milliseconds irrespective of the number of documents it matched. Am I
expecting too much ?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message