lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Nixon" <nrodrig...@zedo.com>
Subject Re: Almost parallel indexes
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2007 13:01:41 GMT
Guys

I encounter such condition of having two indexes
for one forum related application which had
Topics and its posts which were mapped in db in two different tables in
relational database.

But i had decided to have one index

like this

topicId , topicName , timestamp , postId , postedcomment , ISTOPICFLAG

ISTOPICFLAG  is set to 1 for topic and 0 for posts duplicating the topic
data
which was need for UI display

I used query AND ISTOPICFLAG  =1 for only topic and  ISTOPICFLAG  =0
for posts

The application works fine , but frequent updates to index is slower it.

Regards

Nixon