lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Aleksander M. Stensby" <aleksander.sten...@integrasco.no>
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2007 10:48:24 GMT
Hello everyone. I have a system where an indexing-process is running
several times a day, adding documents, and performing an optimize() at the
end of every run.
In addition, we have a web-application (running in tomcat) that is used to
perform searches on the index(es).

The problem (probably because of my lack of knowledge) is that when the
indexer has performed its optimize routine, marking the files as (deleted)
in the filesystem (a unix system), the files are not deleted, because
tomcat is keeping the files locked... SO as you can all imagine, the lvm
is ever growing... Problem of course solves itself through a
Tomcat-restart, but that's not a very ideal solution to perform restarts
every other day or so...

I presume its the IndexReader and/or IndexSearcher that is keeping the
files locked for deletion (in the web-application). So, i was wondering if
any of you have any input on how I can release the files (or actually just
delete them after the optimize routine in the indexer right away...

Than you very much for any feedback!

--
Aleksander M. Stensby
Senior Software Developer