lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Berlin Brown" <berlin.br...@gmail.com>
Subject Strategy for date based searching and indexing
Date Sun, 19 Aug 2007 07:23:42 GMT
I am using the most basic lucene functionality but using against a
database.  For example, I may have a message forum and will index that
message text and message subject from the database.  But I haven't
figured out a way to index the date.  ideally, when I search I should
be able to return the most recent and the relevant searches.  Possibly
even filtering by the last couple of days or something similar.

Does anybody have an example on how they indexed a date and/or with a
record from a database.

--
Berlin Brown
http://www.newspiritcompany.com - newspirit technologies