lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Antonello Provenzano" <>
Subject Re: Lucene in large database contexts
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2007 09:56:59 GMT

Thanks for the fast and clarifying response. Something I haven't
specified is I'm working on Mono, that means I use Lucene.Net version.
The reason I'm posting to the Java User list is that this is a more
active one and with people who could have had my same requirements.

Since Lucene and Lucene.Net are identical, working on different
frameworks, I assumed the answer to my inquiry could have been
applicable either to a context where the second one where involved.
Unfortunately, the solutions you gave me are oriented just to java
developers and users: to use Compass, in fact, I should port it to C#
(I don't exclude to make such this move, but it's a complex job and
the result is not assured to be of quality).

Thank you anyway.

PS. Since I created an ORM for .NET that is a competitor of
Hibernate/NHibernate, I want to analyze the sources of Hibernate
Search to understand how they implemented it and try to do the same
for my project.