lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Walt Stoneburner" <walt.stonebur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Rank based on lists.
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2007 15:57:30 GMT
Grant,

  Thanks for pointing me at the DisjunctionMaxQuery, though you're
correct, this is close but not exactly what I want.

  I think the difference lies in that it's not which subexpression had
the greater score, but that a normally lower scoring document should
get its rank elevated because it appears in the results of different
subexpressions.

  Suppose I have three queries and in each case I got the same
document back with a result of 0.000001.

  While in the context of any given query, the document in totally
insignificant.

  However, for my use case, because it showed up in all three queries,
this has substantial meaning to me, and it now becomes the most
important document.

  I'd ideally like to have the union of all the query results
returned, but with my document ranked at the top.

  I'm getting this sinking feeling of post-processing a returned Hits list.

-Walt Stoneburner,
 http://www.wwco.com/~wls/blog