lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Mark Miller" <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IndexReader deletes more that expected
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2007 17:14:04 GMT
On 8/1/07, Ridwan Habbal <ridwanhabbal@hotmail.com> wrote:

>  but what about runing it on mutiThread app like web application?  There
> you are the code:

If you are targeting a multi threaded webapp than I strongly suggest you
look into using either Solr or the LuceneIndexAccessor code. You will want
to use some form of reference counting to manage your Readers and Writers.

Also, you can now use IndexWriter (Lucene 2.0 and greater I think) to
delete. This allows for efficient mixing of deletes and adds by buffering
the deletes, and then opening an IndexReader to commit them later. This is
much more efficient than IndexModifier.

- Mark