lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Michael Barbarelli" <mbarbare...@gmail.com>
Subject Possible to expose similarity as a property in hits collection?
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2007 16:53:43 GMT
Hello all.

I am trying to get at the raw difference that Lucene uses -- the result of
the fail-fast Levenstein distance algorithm.  I believe that it is
calculated in FuzzyTermEnum.java (FuzzyTermEnum.cs).
In the application I have built upon Lucene, I would like to expose
similarity as the score, instead of the default score Lucene generates which
I believe is based on term frequency, etc.
Ideally, I would like to get at the FuzzyQuery/edit-distance-related numbers
from the Hits object, not just the normalized score.

Is it possible to do this?  Anyone have any experience with this?
Incidentally, I am using Lucene.NET.

Thanks,
Mike