lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <>
Subject Re: Rank based on lists.
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2007 20:16:48 GMT
:   Thanks for pointing me at the DisjunctionMaxQuery, though you're
: correct, this is close but not exactly what I want.
:   I think the difference lies in that it's not which subexpression had
: the greater score, but that a normally lower scoring document should
: get its rank elevated because it appears in the results of different
: subexpressions.

i'm not following you -- i think if you use an outermost BooleanQuery with
a very strict coord factor which contains DisjunctionSumQuery inner
queries with a tie breaker value of "0.0" then the score should be
dominately affected by how many clauses of the outermost query are matched
-- the number of clauses matched by the inner query will be largely

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message