lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Donna L Gresh <gr...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Question about highlighting returning nothing
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2007 19:01:45 GMT
Well, in my case the highlighting was returning nothing because of (my
favorite acronym) PBCAK--

I don't store the text in the index, so I have to retrieve it separately
(from a database) for the highlighting, and my database was not in sync
with the index, so in a few cases the document in the index had been
deleted from the database--thus a score, but no document text.

But I guess my original question remains; under what conditions would the
highlighter return nothing? Only if no terms matched?

Donna