lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Donna L Gresh <gr...@us.ibm.com>
Subject tell snowballfilter not to stem certain words?
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2007 18:34:53 GMT
Apologies if this is in the FAQ or elsewhere available but I could not
find this.

Can I provide a list of words that should *not* be stemmed by the
SnowballFilter? My analyzer looks like this:

analyzer = new StandardAnalyzer(stopwords) {
        public TokenStream tokenStream(String fieldName, java.io.Reader
reader) {
          return new SnowballFilter(super.tokenStream(fieldName,reader),
                "English");
        }
};

It is removing the trailing "S" from some words which I don't want to have
this happen for--

Donna