lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Antoine Baudoux ...@taktik.be>
Subject How to speed-up index opening
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2007 20:03:26 GMT
	Hello,

	I have an application with a 2GB index. A lot of documents (up to
10.000 per day) are added/deleted to this index.

My customer would like to have a Maximum of 7 minutes delay between a
media added to the system and its searchability through the index.

So each 7 minutes or so i have to re-open the index.

My index takes 1.5 minute to open. Its a long time compared to the 7
minutes.

What are the key parameters influencing the opening time?

Is it proportional to the number of documents? to the number of
distinct terms? If i reduce the number of terms will it load faster?

Is there another way to improve index opening speed?

thanks!

Antoine

--
Antoine Baudoux