lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Joe Attardi" <jatta...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: More IP/MAC indexing questions
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2007 18:34:24 GMT

> Use a SpanNearQuery with a slop of 0 and specify true for ordering.
> What that will do is require that the segments you specify must appear
> in order with no gaps. You have to construct this yourself since there's
> no support for SpanQueries in the QueryParser yet. This'll avoid having
> to deal with Wildcards, which have their own issues (try searching on
> a thread "I just don't understand wildcards at all" for an exposition from
> "the guys" on this.

Thanks Erick, I'll try this. My only other question here though, is what if
they specify an incomplete octet of an address? For example, I want '
192.168.10' to match 192.168.10.1 and 192.168.100.1. How can I do this
without wildcards, is there a way to put a PrefixQuery into the Span Query?

Sorry if I don't make any sense