lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Strategy for date based searching and indexing
Date Sun, 19 Aug 2007 15:10:46 GMT
Have a look at the DateTools utility class.   Also, the Wiki has some
HOWTOs on Dates: http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/HowTo

Search this archive for Date handling, plus I believe the Lucene In
Action book covers dates as well, although it might be a bit dated.

Lucene also comes with sort functionality that can handle dates.
Have a look at the search API methods that pass in a Sort object.

-Grant

On Aug 19, 2007, at 3:23 AM, Berlin Brown wrote:

> I am using the most basic lucene functionality but using against a
> database.  For example, I may have a message forum and will index that
> message text and message subject from the database.  But I haven't
> figured out a way to index the date.  ideally, when I search I should
> be able to return the most recent and the relevant searches.  Possibly
> even filtering by the last couple of days or something similar.
>
> Does anybody have an example on how they indexed a date and/or with a
> record from a database.
>
> --
> Berlin Brown
> http://www.newspiritcompany.com - newspirit technologies