lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From karl wettin <karl.wet...@gmail.com>
Subject ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2007 17:53:09 GMT
When I add a field containing a really long term I get an AIOOBE. Is
this a documented feature?

     RAMDirectory dir = new RAMDirectory();
     IndexWriter iw = new IndexWriter(dir, new StandardAnalyzer
(Collections.emptySet()), true);
     StringBuffer buf = new StringBuffer(65535);
     for (int i=0; i<32767; i++) {
       buf.append("ha");
     }
     Document doc = new Document();
     doc.add(new Field("f", "three tokens here " + buf.toString(),
Field.Store.NO, Field.Index.TOKENIZED));
     iw.addDocument(doc);
     iw.close();
     dir.close();
   }

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
	at java.lang.System.arraycopy(Native Method)
	at org.apache.lucene.index.DocumentsWriter$ThreadState
$FieldData.addPosition(DocumentsWriter.java:1462)
	at org.apache.lucene.index.DocumentsWriter$ThreadState
$FieldData.invertField(DocumentsWriter.java:1285)
	at org.apache.lucene.index.DocumentsWriter$ThreadState
$FieldData.processField(DocumentsWriter.java:1215)
	at org.apache.lucene.index.DocumentsWriter
$ThreadState.processDocument(DocumentsWriter.java:936)
	at org.apache.lucene.index.DocumentsWriter.addDocument
(DocumentsWriter.java:2147)