lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Alf Eaton <li...@hubmed.org>
Subject Stemmed terms/common terms
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2007 14:17:00 GMT
A couple of questions about term frequencies and stemming:

- What's the best way to get the most common unstemmed form of a
Porter-stemmed word from the index? For example given the stem
'walk', find that 'walking' is the most common full word in the index.

- Is there a way to get a list of all the terms in the index (or
maybe just the top n) ordered by descending frequency of usage? I
imagine it's related to docFreq, but can't see how to get a list of
terms in all documents.

I'm using PyLucene and Solr, so if there are easy solutions in either
of those that would be ideal.

Thanks,
alf.