lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Kalvir Sandhu" <k...@kalv.co.uk>
Subject Re: Weighting Issue
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2007 18:22:44 GMT
Thanks for the reply - i have tried boosting but not like you stated. I have
tried to boost the Alias field so that it would score as high as a match on
the name field. But it didn't increase enough. like :

name:(John Smith) alias:(John Smith)^10

I think it has something to do with the fact that there is a lot of terms
stored in that document for alias, therefore weighting lower.