lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Kalvir Sandhu" <k...@kalv.co.uk>
Subject Weighting Issue
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2007 16:08:23 GMT
Hi all.

I am working on building a lucene index to search names of people. I want to
be able to score things differently. Here is an example of the behaviour i
need.

Doc 1 with aliases
name: Bob Jones
alias: John Smith Andrew Jones

Doc 2 without aliases
name: John Andrew Smith
alias: none

When i run a search with the lucene query:
name:(John Smith) alias:(John Smith)

I get Doc 2 as higher scored result than Doc 1. And the score of Doc 2 is
quite low. I need the score to not reflect how many names were assigned to
the document. I have been playing with the DefaultSimilarity to override
certain fields but not getting anywhere.

I could use a ConstantScoreQuery but i want to be able to perfom Fuzzy query
options sometimes too.

Any Ideas?

Kalv.