lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Heba Farouk <heba.far...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: lucene suggest
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2007 10:35:44 GMT
the documents are not duplicated, i mean the hits (assume that 2 documents have the same subject
but with different authors, so if i'm searching the subject, the returned hits will have duplicates
)
i was asking if i can remove duplicates from the hits??

thanks in advance

Ard Schrijvers <a.schrijvers@hippo.nl> wrote: Hello Heba,

you need some lucene field that serves as an identifier for your documents that are indexed.
Then, when re-indexing some documents, you can first use the identifier to delete the old
indexed documents. You have to take care of this yourself.

Regards Ard