lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Lukas Vlcek" <lukas.vl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about highlighting returning nothing
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2007 19:49:40 GMT
Donna,

I have been investigation highlighters in Lucene recently a bit. The humble
experience I've learned so far is that highlighting is completely different
task from indexing/searching tandem. This simple fact is not obvious to a
lot of people. In your particular casue it would be helpful if you can post
more technical details about your system settings. Not only it is important
if the field to be highlighted is stored but also it is important if you
allow for query rewrite and what king of queries you are using (Prefix,
Wildcard ... etc).

Just my 2 cents.

Lukas