lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From karl wettin <karl.wet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Amount of RAM needed to support a growing lucene index?
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2007 22:27:36 GMT

14 aug 2007 kl. 00.17 skrev lucene user:

> What if my concern is more in terms of having a large number of
> requests per
> second? When should I start to be worried and start thinking about
> more than
> low end hardware?

I have served one request every 10th millisecond, 24/7 on a single
machine
with a corpus similar to yours using Lucene, Solaris, dual core and
8GB RAM.

If you follow the recommendations available on the Wiki you do not
need to
worry about Lucene. You might need to consider tweaking your JVM with
some
memory related parameters though. Heap per thread, et c.

karl