lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Chhabra, Kapil" <kchha...@akamai.com>
Subject RE: speedup indexing
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2007 12:00:37 GMT
Try going through:
http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/ImproveIndexingSpeed

Regards,
kapilChhabra

-----Original Message-----
From: SK R [mailto:rsk.sen@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, August 06, 2007 5:09 PM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: speedup indexing

Hi,
    I have indexed 5 fields  and stored 2 of them(field Length is around
10000). My index is growing in nature and it is in GB. I need to get
search
result based on docID only. Scoring, additional sorting, delete and
update
are never used. None of complicated things required.
    In my testing , Search is wonderful , but index is somewhat slow.
Please
advice me how to improve indexing speed?
I played with MergeFactor and MaxBufferedDocs. Norms are disabled.
Is Lucene by default doing some more things more than my requirement?
I'm also testing with FastAnalyzer which improves indexing speed. I
appreciate more useful solutions?

Regards
RSK