lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Tim Sturge <tstu...@metaweb.com>
Subject Re: indexing fields with multiplicity
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2007 19:37:18 GMT
That's exactly my question. I feel like

for (i = 0 ; i < XXXX ; i++) {
document.add(new Field("anchor","USA"));
}

is exactly equivalent to

field = new Field("anchor","USA"));
field.setBoost(YYYY);
document.add(field);

but I don't know the function that relates XXXX and YYYY. I feel like
there's a correct information-theorectical answer and I'd like to know
what it is.

Tim