lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Michael J. Prichard" <michael_prich...@mac.com>
Subject Large Index Architecture
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2007 17:52:44 GMT
Hello All,

I want to hear from those out there that have large (i.e. 50 GB+)
indexes on how they have designed their architecture.  I currently have
an index for email that is 10 GB and growing.  Right now there are no
issues with it but I am about to get into an even bigger use for the
software which will surely require access to much larger indexes.
Should I begin to break off indexes into separate chunks and then search
across them as needed?

For example, maybe break it out by "Month_Year Or "Day_Month_Year"?
Ideas and experienced practices welcome!

Thanks,
Michael