lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Tim Sturge <tstu...@metaweb.com>
Subject Re: indexing fields with multiplicity
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2007 17:13:11 GMT
I'm looking for a boost when the anchor text is more commonly associated
with one topic than another. For example the United States of America
is called "USA" by a lot of people. The United Space Alliance is also
called "USA" but by many less people.

If I just index them both with "USA" once, they will rank equally. I
want the United States of America to rank higher.

Tim