lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Tim Sturge <tstu...@metaweb.com>
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2007 19:41:55 GMT
Hi,

I have fields which have high multiplicity; for example I have a topic
with 1000 names, 500 of which are "USA" and 200 are "United States of
America".

Previously I was indexing "USA USA .(500x).. USA United States of
America .(200x).. United States of America" as as single field. The
problem is that this causes this field to be less weighted for "USA"
than a topic with a single name "USA".

So what I am now going to do is call

for (i = 0 ; i < 500 ; i++) {
    document.add(new Field("anchor","USA"));
}

There must be a more efficient way than this; I surely don't need to
tokenize the thing 500x for starters (and yes, I know the multiplicity
in advance)

Can someone tell me the magic ingredient to get a new field that looks
like 500 *seperate* names "USA"?

Thanks,

Tim