lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Performance improvements using writer.delete vs reader.delete
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2007 19:45:48 GMT
Heh. I suppose I'll defer to your judgment. In my mind, the simple
system to make is to just buffer the adds, buffer the deletes - later
apply the adds, apply the deletes (or the reverse). I am sure something
in Solr would have a more sophisticated process, but my guess was about
what the new Lucene user would throw together. But again, I'll defer to
your judgment anytime.

- Mark