lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Performance improvements using writer.delete vs reader.delete
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2007 10:27:46 GMT
Also, IndexWriter probably buffers better than you would. If you buffer
a delete with IndexWriter and then add a document that would be removed
by that delete right after, when the buffered deletes are flushed, your
latest doc will not be removed. Its unlikely your own buffer system
would work so well.

- Mark