lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Zach Bailey <zach.bai...@hannonhill.com>
Subject Re: Clustered Indexing on common network filesystem
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2007 15:56:44 GMT
Rajesh,

I forgot to mention this, but we did investigate this option as well and
even prototyped it for an internal project. It ended up being too slow
for us.

It was adding a lot of overhead even to small updates, IIRC, mainly due
to the fact that the index was essentially stored as a filesystem in the
database. As you can probably imagine, using a database as a filesystem
is not very performant.