lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "SK R" <rsk....@gmail.com>
Subject speedup indexing
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2007 11:39:07 GMT
Hi,
    I have indexed 5 fields  and stored 2 of them(field Length is around
10000). My index is growing in nature and it is in GB. I need to get search
result based on docID only. Scoring, additional sorting, delete and update
are never used. None of complicated things required.
    In my testing , Search is wonderful , but index is somewhat slow. Please
advice me how to improve indexing speed?
I played with MergeFactor and MaxBufferedDocs. Norms are disabled.
Is Lucene by default doing some more things more than my requirement?
I'm also testing with FastAnalyzer which improves indexing speed. I
appreciate more useful solutions?

Regards
RSK