lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Gutierrez <jeffg...@yahoo.com>
Subject Lucene and DRBD
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2007 19:03:07 GMT
I'm currently trying to figure how I could provide a Lucene-based search functionality to an
existing system. Though the application is hosted in multiple boxes, they do NOT share a SAN
where we can put the index directory. Each of the nodes need to update Lucene documents but
it's not going to be a common use case -- probably 100x a day from the 7-8M documents.

Has anyone here tried storing the Lucene index on top of DRBD? I'm curious to hear your experience
in setting up and maintaining such a solution. Were there any performance issues?

DRBD
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DRBD

Thanks,

Jeff