lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multiple Documents sharing a common boost
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2007 14:51:30 GMT
One solution is to keep meta-data in your index. Remember that
documents do not all have to have the same field. So you could
index a document with a single field
"metadatanotafieldinanyotherdoc" that contains, say, a list of
all of your clusters and their boosts. Read this document in at
startup time and cache it away in your server. Thereafter, you have
a set of boosts that can be applied at query time.

Of course this useless if you wanted to boost at index time.
But I know of no way to change the boost of a document
without deleting and readding it with the new boost.

Best
Erick