lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Spencer Tickner" <spencertick...@gmail.com>
Subject Nested Fields
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2007 22:00:50 GMT
Hi, and thanks in advace for any help.

I'm fairly new to lucene so excuse the ignorance. I'm attempting to
field an XML documents with nested fields. So:

<foo>
  <bar>This</bar>
  <bat>That</bat>
</foo>

would give me hits for:

bar:This
bat:That
foo:ThisThat

The only way I can see a way of doing this now is to field each
element I want to field and all of it's descendant text, repeating the
same text multiple times for nested fields, then finally have a <root>
field that would field the text for all the document so users not
doing field searches would programmically be forced to search on
<root> to not get multiple hits. This seems inefficent to me and am
hopeing that someone has some advice or can point me to a better way.

Thanks,

Spencer