lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "bbrown" <bbr...@botspiritcompany.com>
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2007 20:14:38 GMT
I have been fine with my database (discussion forum) to lucene.  I am taking
the simplest approach, eg; I have a discussion forum which are just text
messages, I take those out of the databse and then index the content.

I am having troubling because I have hundreds of thousands of messages and it
takes a while, eating my server cpu.  I was thinking I would just index say a
portion of the database.  For example, index records 1-100 and then 101-200.
Can I just index to that index directory without deleting the existing index
segment files that are already there?  Or is it more complicated than that.

--
Berlin Brown
[berlin dot brown at gmail dot com]