lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Per Lindberg" <...@implior.com>
Subject SV: Caching IndexSearcher in a webapp [was: Find "latest" document (before a certain date)]
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2007 15:51:28 GMT
Kalle and Patrick: many thanks for the suggestions!

Caching the IndexSearcher in the ServletContext sounds like a very good idea.
However, I have to index a number of databases, each with a different Lucene
index. So keeping an IndexSearcher for each may come with a prohibitive
memory cost. But as far as I can tell, speed is not a problem; creating a new
IndexSearcher for each new search is outweighed by HTTP protocol latency.

Thanks again!