lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Raghu Ram" <raghuram.nadimi...@gmail.com>
Subject Multiple Documents sharing a common boost
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2007 12:45:26 GMT
Is it possible to have multiple documents share a common boost?

An example scenario is as follows. The set of documents are clustered into
some set of clusters. Each cluster has a unique clusterId. So each document
has a cluster Id field that associates each document with its cluster. Each
cluster has a property called cluster score. Each document has to be boosted
by its cluster score. The number of clusters is very small in comparison to
the number of documents (around 100 clusters).The cluster score is updated
on a continual basis. So the cluster score cant be stored as the document
boost for each individual document as we end up updating all the documents
boost daily which seems infeasible. We are trying to find out a solution
that is more efficient.

Thank you.