lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Srinivas.N." <>
Subject Re: Question on custom scoring
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2007 02:00:24 GMT

I figured out the answer to 2[a] - its because by default CustomScoreQuery
does weight normalization. To disable that, one should use
customQuery.setStrict(true). Once I do this, I get the original values that
I stored during the indexing process.

Help with the other two questions ([1] and [2]b) still appreciated. I'm also
starting to look at the code to understand the weight normalization process.
If I find something useful, I'll post it here. I hope this thread becomes
useful to others that are figuring out how to best weigh in different
factors while doing custom scoring. So, any experiences related to this
issue is welcome.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message