lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From tierecke <nir.nussb...@gmail.com>
Subject How can I get the Document Frequency for a specific term??? And more questions...
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2007 13:47:26 GMT

Hi,

Can I know in how many documents a term appears (DF - Document Frequency)?
Does Lucene keep it? Can I retrieve it?

Now - an even more advanced question:
Since I have a 77GB index, I cut it into 25 smaller indices of 3GB each and
I query them using MultiSearcher. Is there a possibility to know the DF of a
term throughout the whole collection or do I need to ask each index for the
DF of a specific term (supposing that my first question is solvable).

And the last question: Is there a way to know the total number of documents
in a Lucene Index? Is there a way to know the total number of documents in
multiple indexes together?

I hope it's not too much. Suddenly I find myself dealing with stuff I never
dealt before.

thanks a lot from Amsterdam,
Nir.