lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Michael McCandless" <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: LUCENE-843 Release
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2007 12:05:33 GMT

Honestly I don't really think this is a good idea.

While LUCENE-843 has proven stable so far (knock on wood!), it is
still a major change and I do worry (less with time :) that maybe I
broke something subtle somewhere.

While a few brave people have tested the trunk in their production
worlds and seen good performance gains, that testing is still limited
compared to a real release.

A point release (2.4.1) really is not supposed to contain major
changes, just bug fixes, and so I don't think we should violate that
accepted practice.

I would rather see us finish up 2.3 and release it, and going forwards
do more frequent releases, instead of porting big changes back onto
point releases.

Mike