lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Renaud Waldura" <renaud.wald...@library.ucsf.edu>
Subject LUCENE-423: thread pool implementation of parallel queries
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2007 18:03:47 GMT
Could someone who understands Lucene internals help me port
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-423 to Lucene 2.0? I have beefy
hardware (32 cores) and want to try this out, but it won't compile.

There are 2 issues:
1- maxScore
On line 412 TopFieldDocs constructor now needs a maxScore. Same on line 328,
TopDocs constructor.

2- Weight vs. Query
Lines 202 and 206, the Searchable interface now wants a Weight instead of a
Query.

I understand the syntax changes I would have to make -- I can edit the file
and make the compiler errors go away -- but not the implications of these
changes in a multi-threaded context.

--Renaud