lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Sonu SR" <son...@gmail.com>
Subject Question regarding Index Update
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2007 12:31:48 GMT
Hi,
My application using lucene index. The index documents having number of
fields. We have around 5 million such documents. I have problem with regular
update of some of the fields in the document. So every update I need to
delete and index that updated documents. This is a huge task. I know from
version 2.1 lucene added update Document feature. But I think this is also
just like my process(first delete and index). Is lucene supports the update
of particular fields only, like database? ie:- without deleting the document

Thanks,
Sonu