lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Shailendra Sharma" <shailendra.sha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can I do boosting based on term postions?
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2007 06:06:06 GMT
Yes, it is easily doable through "Payload" facility. During indexing process
(mainly tokenization), you need to push this extra information in each
token. And then you can use BoostingTermQuery for using Payload value to
include Payload in the score. You also need to implement Similarity for this
(mainly scorePayload method).

Other way can be to extend SpanTermQuery, this already calculates the
position of match. You just need to do something to use this position value
in the score calculation.

One possible advantage of SpanTermQuery approach is that you can play
around, without re-creating indices everytime.

Thanks,
Shailendra Sharma,
CTO, Ver se' Innovation Pvt. Ltd.
Bangalore, India