lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Cathy Murphy" <ca...@nachofoto.com>
Subject Re: Lucene index in memcache
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2007 06:48:43 GMT
Hi Erick & Chris ,
Thanks for your response.
I have done some profiling , and it seems the response is slow when there
are long queries(more than 5-6 words per query).
The way I have implemented is : I pass in the search query and lucene
returns the total number of hits, along with ids . I then fetch objects
for only those ids , as required per the pagination.
Also it is a dedicated search box .

Thanks,
--
Cathy